Monday, March 26, 2012

You don't realize how great things are...

Since I'm 2 weeks, I can tell I have a lot of work ahead of me but that doesn't really matter. because all I want to do is help people. The cost or how much work I have to do just doesn't matter. In the past it has, but now, idk its weird. I know we walk many miles a day, in burning heat, and my feet hurt, and my burnt foot hurts real bad some days, and the language has a LOT of work and things I need to work at, but it doesn't matter. Its all worth it when we find the people who are ready. The people who are ready to change there lives and grow closer to Christ. 

On pdays we just do laundry which takes a while (we have a very poor mans washer and no dryer) which makes it fun lol and we hacer compras (buy groceries) we take naps, write letters, hang out at home and relax. and yeah... that's pday for yeah. 

Something funny that's happened is people here don't have modesty haha like 3 times already in the middle of lessons a lady just starts nursing her baby hhahahaha way awkward and weird!! But we have to still look at her or its even more awkward when we just stare at her husband so we just focus very hard on her face lol and its common for people to answer the door 95 percent naked and yeah haha so it makes contacting and lessons exciting lol people always call us ¨Los Estudios Unidos¨ or how ever you spell it which just means United States, and yeah. The ward members are good.  Not sure what other stories you wanna know.



The answers to dad questions:
No, the zone leaders are from Mexico and America so only one was a native speaker. 



Breakfast we just eat cereal. Some nasty stuff but we put coco in it and it makes it better! yumm :) 
We eat with the same members every week on Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, and Saturday! They stuff you full. Never in my life have I ate so much. Like its crazy. They don't accept that you've had 2 MASSIVE plates of food and your full. They don't care, they just don't ask and pile more food on and you have to eat it, so I've learned how to say ¨no thanks I'm full¨ very fast lol 

we walk everywhere!!!! haha I dream of bikes and cars and the water is okay to drink in my house. But in some areas you cant drink it. No I'm not losing weight, or its just turning into muscle ;) ha our ward has 50 or 60 people. I get to play the piano every sacrament meeting so that's good I suppose. We teach a lot during the week. Not sure how much. But a good number.  We spend our days studying till 12, lñunch till 1, working till 9 then we plan and sleep and we only take our service to one ward and no, I haven't gotten sick so that's a plus! ha 

Yes, I know that AP elder.  He's very good, didn't get to talk with him long but we´ve spent our time together, he is a good elder. But no, all sounds very good there. I'm sure its been fun hanging out with Tyler and all the cousins. Tell Krista I still expect a wedding invite ha no I don't need anything. P.S. I still haven't got your pouch mail if you've sent it. If not, no worries.

Also, I enjoyed dads story that was very good. Its the truth, God does work through us. 


No, all is well here with me. The best thing that's happened is that we had a baptism on Saturday!! WOOT WOOT! We have been working with a 9 year old girl and we got her in the water so that was great!   I loved it.  Also, we have been working with a couple, Martin and Antonilla and they both have baptism dates and a day to get married first. No one here is married. They just live together. They don't see a point in marriage its very frustrating.   The worst thing that has happened... hmm good question. Nothing bad happens to us. Well, I take that back haha but nothing that matters. 

Spanish is LOCO!!! haha actually people say I speak good and can understand very good for only 2 weeks in Argentina and my mission president told me in 3 months I would be very well off, which was nice to hear. He also said I spoke well. Its very frustrating at times that I can't understand or stuff but I don't care lol I love it here! 




I just smile a lot and it seems to work haha so that's good. 


The food here is way good!  I miss American food but the food here is great they have a weird eating schedule! The eat lunch (which is our dinner) so its a huge meal at like 1 to 2 then sleep (Called the siesta) from 2 to 5 (its the worst thing in the world because no one answers the door or will talk to us. It's not good for missionary work) and then they go back to work/play/school till like 10 then eat a small dinner (like our lunch) at like 10 at night! So we only eat lunch with members. 


Also a big difference is the little things. Like no water fountains at church or anywhere!!!! I hate it lol I miss being able to drink cold water at church or around town. You don't realize how great things are till there gone and other things. 




But no, Argentina is great and I like it a lot! 

Much love


Quinton

No comments:

Post a Comment